What is an "Of The Month Award"?
OTMs are "Of the Months," which are the means for NRHH to recognize outstanding students, advisors, and programs on UNCC's campus. This recognition starts on our campus level and can possibly reach regional and NACURH levels.
What are the OTM Categories?
- Educational Program
- Diversity Program
- Social Program
- Community Service Program
- First-Year Student (Freshman or Transfer students)
- Spotlight (student staff member, faculty/professor, support staff, full-time staff)
- Resident Assistant
- Resident Community (Hall)
- Student Organization (UNCC affiliated)
For a detailed description of each category, please visit the NRHH OTM Website
Checklist On Writing An OTM
- Get background information and details on the event, individual, or group that you can include in the OTM.
- Give details about the event, individual, or group you are writing about.
- Make sure that the details you discussed are month-specific.
- Spell-check and read through it to check for grammar issues.
- Make sure you are placing it in the right category.
- Submit the OTM knowing that you are working on recognizing some amazing efforts.
For more help on how to write your OTM, please see the rubric created by our VP-Recognition and the Recognition Committee
OTM DEADLINES: Please submit your OTMs on or before the 25th of each month by 11:55 PM in order for them to be evaluated by our Recognition Committee
Submit an OTM
Anyone can submit an OTM nomination for any category! All you have to do is follow these links to fill out the following forms. They will then be evaluated decided upon by our VP-Recognition, his committee, and the other members of the NRHH Executive Board.